Purdue Agriculture is people—talented faculty, dedicated staff, and motivated students who grow into an educated work force and become leaders for the future. Our
research is not about beakers or data points; it’s about our drive to discover knowledge that extends the frontiers of science and provides solutions to society’s challenges.
The people of Purdue Agriculture address questions related to agricultural competitiveness, human and animal health, environmental and natural resource management, the bioeconomy, and food security and food safety. Our team-oriented discovery efforts pull from expertise across many disciplines and engage like-minded partners, whether from industry, other academic institutions, non-government organizations, or government.
We test our solutions in labs and in fields, factories, forests, or anywhere they may apply. Our campus is in Indiana, but our workplace is the world, and our outcomes are results that benefit people everywhere.
These strategic themes guide and strengthen our efforts:
- People building a sustainable and secure food production system
- People utilizing molecular approaches to expand the frontiers of agriculture and life sciences
- People developing a robust bioeconomy to feed and power the world
- People enhancing food and health
- People strengthening ecological and environmental integrity in agricultural landscapes
- People facilitating informed decision making to improve economic and social well-being