Moses Fell Dunn gifted Purdue University with the oldest research farm outside of Tippecanoe
County in 1914. From the original 360 acres, FPAC has grown to more than 900 acres.
FPAC was the first Indiana "experiment station" established outside of Tippecanoe County. It has about 360 acres of tillable land, 285 acres of timber, and 200 acres of permanent pasture. Most of
the pasture is used for the cattle herd that is in a long-range genetics study by scientists in the Department of Animal Sciences.
People from across Indiana tour FPAC to see watering systems, grazing techniques, and beef cow production practices. FPAC also is home to the Indiana Beef Evaluation Program (IBEP) Bull Test Station - an important link between Purdue Agriculture and Indiana's beef cattle industry.