The 664 acre PPAC serves the agricultural research needs of northwestern Indiana. The original 486 acre farm was a gift in 1919 from Myra Pinney Clark in memory of her father, William Pinney. An Additional 178 acres of adjacent farmland has been acquired over the years. PPAC has three distinct soil types, allowing resesarchers to study the effects of soil type. Linear move irrigation systems covering nearly 100 acres of tillable land have been installed in an effort to provide opportunities for agronomic research under irrigation. Research conducted at PPAC includes agronomic, vegetable, and specialty crops.