Honorary Doctorate Degree
Purdue University confers the Honorary Doctorate Degree. All nominations are reviewed by the appropriate faculty, the dean of the college and the university committee on faculty promotions. The provost will review and recommend final candidates to the president with final consideration by the Board of Trustees. This honor is conferred during commencement exercises in May.
- All former students of Purdue
- Professorial staff members who have served at Purdue University prior to assuming a position elsewhere
- Distinguished members of the Purdue faculty who have retired
- Administrative staff members who have served at Purdue prior to assuming a position elsewhere
- Individuals who have demonstrated distinguished service to Purdue
Distinguished Ag Alumni Award
The Distinguished Agricultural Alumni Award is presented by the College of Agriculture in April each year. This award was created in 1992 and is administered by the Office of the Dean of Agriculture. The selection committee is comprised of the Dean of Agriculture, four associate deans, twelve department heads and three unit directors.
- Nominees must have a degree from Purdue College of Agriculture
- Be mid-career
- Have made a significant contribution to his/her profession or society in general
- Have a record of outstanding accomplishments
- Exhibit high potential for future professional growth
- Still have goals to attain
- Current College of Agriculture employees and past recipients of the Honorary Doctorate Degree are not eligible