Bartholomew County would like to welcome
Kathy Laudick as the new Family Nutrition Program Assistant.
Kathy will be working with the community to help people to eat healthy on a budget. On this webpage you will find the Family Nutrition Program's newsletter, a Agency Referral Form, and a brief description of what the FNP Program is all about. Look back often for upcoming programs and events.
The Bartholomew County Family Nutrition Program (FNP) provides free information about foods and nutrition in a participant’s home or at a community center for individuals or groups. Using a variety of hands-on food preparation and other interactive activities, the FNP assistant will help participants to:
- Stretch their food dollars to last the whole month.
- Plan fast and easy meals that their family will love.
- Find out about food stamp benefits and other community services.
- Make sense of the latest nutrition information.
- Make healthy snacks for your children.
- Make vegetables fun and tasty
- Make healthy choices when eating out.
It’s Free and Fun
At the home or group sessions participants will be able to:
Earn a free cookbook and other handy kitchen items
View and participate in live cooking demonstrations
Sample prepared food
Participate in hands-on learning activities
Take home easy low-cost recipes
Learn basic food preparation skills
For more information about this program please contact the Bartholomew County Extension Office at 812-379-1665.