DINING WITH DIABETES
The Dining with Diabetes program is a positive and proactive approach in reducing the effects of diabetes. Studies have shown with proper diet and modes, consisten physical activity, type 2 diabetes can be delayed, controlled or even prevented. Participants will learn the importance of being involved as a member of their health care team and how the lifestyle choices that they make, can make a difference in how they feel and in their long-term health risks. Dining with Diabetes is a four part program meeting two hours per class.
• Session 1 - What is Diabetes ~ Cooking School: Snacks
• Session 2 - Carbohydrates and Sweeteners ~ Cooking School: Special Occasions and Desserts
• Session 3 - Fats and Sodium ~ Cooking School: Main Dishes
• Session 4 - Vitamins and Fiber ~ Cooking School: Side Dishes
• Increase knowlege about healthy foods.
• Present healthy versions of familiar foods.
• Demonstrate healthier cooking techniques.
• Provide taste testing of new recipes.
• Provide basic information about diabetes and nutrition, and physical activity.
• Provide opportunities for people with diabetes to share and learn from one another.
This program is not intended to provide individual prescriptions for diabetic meal planning and it is not intended to replace diabetes education furnished by qualified health care professionals.