LAKE COUNTY INDIANA EXTENSION HOMEMAKERS ASSOCIATION
The Lake County Extension Homemakers Association is an educational program of the Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service. It is sponsored by Purdue University, The US Department of Agriculture and Lake County Government. You are invited to participate in the Consumer and Family Sciences activities such as food and nutrition, human development, family relations and management of time, energy and money.
Aims of Extension Homemakers
• To interest more young homemakers to join or form a homemakers club.
• To provide lessons that meet current needs of homemakers.
• Each club encourages Chorus membership.
• Each club encourages and supports 4-H work.
• Each member passes information on to someone new.
To strengthen families through: Continuing Education, Leadership Development and Volunteer Community Support.
All programs will be held at the Lake County Extension Office (unless otherwise noted) located at 880 E 99th Court in Crown Point, Indiana, at 12 Noon - Central Time.
• Dining With Diabetes-Snacks, Monday, August 6, 2012, Lake County Fairgrounds, 4-H Bldg.
• Help Your Hips with Six Simple Tips, Tuesday, October 2, 2012
• The Power of 10-Small Steps to Health and Wealth, Tuesday, December 4, 2012
• Super Foods, Tuesday, February 5, 2013
• The Science Behind Cleaning, Tuesday, April 2, 2013
• The Connection Between Laughter, Humor & Good Health, Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Area Clubs and Areas of Meeting
Hanover - Cedar Lake Area
Highland - Presbyterian Church
Homemakers Exchange - Hobart Area
Lake George - Hobart Parks Building
Lake Prairie - Lowell Area
Munster - Munster Public Library
Riley - Crown Point Area
Town & Country - St. John Public Library
Extension Chorus "The Noteables"
The Extension Chorus is an educational activity open to all persons intersted in choral work. Annual concerts are held in the spring and in the winter.
The Lake County Indiana Extension Homemakers Association offers two scholarships beginning in January of every year. Please contact 219-755-3240 for more information.
IEHA Goes Extreme
• Let's Take Off
• Cover Letter
• Log Sheet
• Nomination Form
• Sign Up Sheet
• Spring Report Form
• Year End Report
Indiana Extension Homemakers Association Website
Indiana Extension Homemakers Association Lessons to Download