Purdue University PURDUE EXTENSION
Perry County

We transform lives and livelihoods through research-based education
About Us
Left Menu
Local Links
Newsletters & Publications
County Location
Skip Navigation LinksPerry County CES

2013-2014 Enrollment Information

4-H Enrollment Options
Youth now have two ways to enroll in Perry County 4-H. 

Option 1: Youth may enroll online at:  4-H enrollment website (Youth who enroll in this manner are not required to complete a paper 4-H enrollment form.)

Option 2: Youth may complete a paper 4-H enrollment form as in the past.

2014 Exploring enrollment form 

2014 Enrollment form regular 4-Her - Prints on 8 1/2 x 14 paper

4-H Program Fee
Members in grades 3-12 pay $15 State 4-H program fee each with a maximum payment of $45 per family household address. Perry County 4-H is also charging $5 per member with a cap of $15. No family will pay more than $60 total per household address.

K-2 members enroll for $5 each. If family has already paid $60 fee, the Explorer fee will be waived. Again, No family will pay more than $60 total per household address.

Payment options: credit card (online only), check or cash. Please make checks payable to Purdue CES Ed Fund-Perry County.

All youth must complete an enrollment form (online or paper) with permissions indicated and pay the State 4-H Program fee and county fee to be officially enrolled in 4-H.

4-H Membership / Completion Requirements
Kindergarten through second grade youth may enroll in Exploring 4-H.

Third through twelfth grade youth may enroll in traditional 4-H. These youth will be enrolled by grade in those projects where grade designations are indicated. They will be enrolled by year in projects that do not have grade designations.

To be considered complete a member must complete at least one of the projects in which they enroll each year.

Please see the current Perry County 4-H Handbook for project exhibit requirements and general 4-H information. The past year’s 4-H Handbook is available on the web at the Perry County 4-H Website. New 4-H Handbooks should be available in the late winter months.

4-H Project Manual / Supply Policy
The initially needed project manuals are provided by the Perry County 4-H Council at no cost to the 4-H member (not all projects require a manual). However, if it is necessary to replace these materials due to loss or other circumstances the member will be charged $5 per manual. Manuals are distributed to club leaders after information has been processed in the Extension office. Some project supplies are cost items available from the Extension Office, i.e. poster board, poster sleeve, salon print bags, electric, and possibly others.

 Project Drop / Add Date: Members may add 4-H projects until May 1 and drop until June 1.

4-H Mailings and Communication
Postal mailings of 4-H information will be sent to the 4-H member’s home address listed on the enrollment form. Newsletters are sent every other month (February, April, June, August and October and December.) When possible communication may take place via e-mail for those members/families providing the e-mail information. Please keep your address, phone number and e-mail address current with our office. If you do not wish to receive information through e-mail, do not provide the e-mail address.

FAQs (Frequently asked questions):

Who can join 4-H? Youth in grades Kindergarten through 2nd can join Exploring 4-H, a noncompetitive 4-H experience. Youth in grades 3rd-12th can join regular 4-H. For more information, call the Extension office or any of the club leaders listed here.

How much time do we need to invest in 4-H? It is up to you!!!! Members can choose the amount of time they spend on projects. Clubs meet based on what works for the members.  4-H really lets youth set their own schedule for what works for their family!

Do I have to enroll and pay online? No, you may register online or on paper. You can even register for 4-H online and pay in person. However, you are not considered enrolled until payment has been made.

What if I want to enroll in 4-H after February 15? You may join 4-H and exhibit in the fair if you complete your enrollment before February 15. If you are new to the area or new to Perry County 4-H and want to join after February 15 contact the Extension office for more information.

I am not sure what club I want to be in. What do I do? When you enroll choose "Unsure at this time" for primary club. You may call the office or any club leaders to try to figure out what club suits you best. You may join any club plus a county club. Click here for more information on clubs.

What if I want to add more projects later? You may do so by calling the office, emailing or going online. You may add projects until May 1.

The online system asks me how many years I've been in my project. What if I don't know? It is Ok if you don't know. Just take your best guess. Our office will double check.

The online system asks me if I want a 4-H manual. What do I select? We will check to see if you already received one in the division you are currently in. If you already have one, you may purchase a new one at $5 per manual. Remember, the 4-H Council purchases these so please hold on to your manuals. Not all projects require a manual. For more information on what projects requre a manual and which ones don't, check here.

What if I don't want to sign consent and permissions? These are required. If you have any questions, please contact the Extension office.

What is expected of youth when they join 4-H? They should attend as many club meetings as possible and stay involved in their local club. Additionally, members who join by February 1 can exhibit at the fair or they can complete their projects by turning it in to a leader. 

How much money will we invest in 4-H? Members in grades kindergarten through 2nd are asked to pay an annual fee of $5 per child. Children in grades 3rd – 12th pay $20 annual fee. No family will pay more than $60. Also, there is the cost of project(s). Some projects allow members to exhibit posters which would cost less than $5 per project to complete. After the initial fee, members can invest as little or as much into projects as they wish.

I can't afford 4-H. Are there scholarships available? Contact the Extension office for more information. By the way, fees are an investment into the program and it goes right back into 4-H. If a family has a hardship, contact the Extension office for information for receiving a scholarship.  

So what do you need to do to join? If you want to join 4-H you need to enroll in 4-H. Feel free to call a leader or the Extension office and ask questions before enrolling. You will need to fill out a paper form or enroll online. You will be considered enrolled once your fee is paid. 

        Questions? Call the Extension office at 812-547-7084 or email Cathy Boerste, Extension Educator/4-H Youth Development at boerste@purdue.edu.