- Posey County 4-H Youth Development
Cheven Meyncke May, Extension Educator
Cancellation Policy: It is the policy of the Posey County 4-H Program that if school
is cancelled or release early from the regular school day due to weather, all 4-H
activities and events for that day are also cancelled. No school = No 4-H!
Current Events & Announcements
1. Posey County 4-H'ers have the option of enrolling online or by completing the triplicate paper form. Click here to learn more about online enrollment.
2. Posey County 4-H Enrollment Policy: Any youth enrolling in the Posey County 4-H program between January 1 & May 1 of the current year must turn in a completed enrollment form & $15 state fee to the Extension Office on or before May 1 of the current year. Any youth enrolling in the Posey County 4-H program between May 2 & May 15 must also pay a $20 late fee to the 4-H Council in order to exhibit at the current year’s Posey County 4-H Fair. Any youth enrolling after May 15 may complete the 4-H year but may NOT exhibit at the current year’s Posey County 4-H Fair. Enrollment is not considered complete until all membership fees have been paid. For hardship circumstances, please contact the 4-H Youth Educator at 812-838-1331.
3. Posey County 4-H Fair - July 12-19, 2014
4. Check out pictures from the 4-H Achievement Banquet
Learning the 4-H Basics
Map of Posey County 4-H Clubs
New Member Handbook
State 4-H Program Fee
4-H Public Speaking Contests-New Information
Awards & Recognition
4-H'er of the Month Nomination Form
4-H Trips Available for 2014
4-H Trip Application for 2014
Posey County Accomplishment Scholarship Application
Scholarship Links and Information
Clover Connections Newsletters:
4-H Evaluation Survey (formerly General Record Sheet)
Achievement Points Record Sheet
Animal Lease Form
2014 Camp Application Form (coming soon)/Health Form- Both forms required - CAMP DATES-May 30-June 1, 2014
Camp Counselor Application
Club Secretary Scorecard
Craft Information Card 4-H 618a-w
Dairy Lease Application
Drop-Add Form-Deadline June 1
Enrollment Form - 2014 coming soon
Fashion Review Narration Card-Style Show
Food and Food Preservation Recipe Card- Use same card for county as well
as State Fair entries. MAKE SURE THE CARD IS 5" x 8" on stiff paper
Livestock Record Sheet
My Record of Achievement
Project Record Sheets
Project Score Cards
Share The Fun, April 11, 2014, Registration: 6:30; Showtime: 7 p.m., North Posey High School - Entry Form; Rules
2013 4-H Handbook -Now Available! (Be aware this is a large pdf file)
This document contains all project requirements for the year.
Project Manuals and resources available online.
4-H Animal Care
Craft Infomation Card-Basic Crafts, Needle Crafts, Fine Arts
Creating With A Mix
Farm Scene Project - New in 2012!
Goat Selection & Showmanship
Project Interact (formerly Action Demonstrations)
Swine-PQA Website- no longer available. Contact Cheven or Jon for PQA questions.
Woodworking Level 1
Project materials available for purchase in the Extension Office.
Indiana State Fair
Premise ID Website - Indiana State Board of Animal Health
School Enrichment Programs
State Fair Ticket Policy
Club Achievement Checklist-Due October 15
Indiana 4-H Volunteer Information
Helpful 4-H Club Leader Tips
Setting Project Goals
Interested in becoming an approved 4-H volunteer? Email Cheven May or call 812-838-1331
Donate to the Posey County 4-H program