- Posey County 4-H Youth Development
Cheven Meyncke May, Extension Educator
Cancellation Policy: It is the policy of the Posey County 4-H Program that if school
is cancelled or release early from the regular school day due to weather, all 4-H
activities and events for that day are also cancelled. No school = No 4-H!
Current Events & Announcements
1. Posey County 4-H'ers have the option of enrolling online or by completing the triplicate paper form. Click here to learn more about online enrollment.
2. Posey County 4-H Enrollment Policy: Any youth enrolling in the Posey County 4-H program between January 1 & May 1 of the current year must turn in a completed enrollment form & $15 state fee to the Extension Office on or before May 1 of the current year. Any youth enrolling in the Posey County 4-H program between May 2 & May 15 must also pay a $20 late fee to the 4-H Council in order to exhibit at the current year’s Posey County 4-H Fair. Any youth enrolling after May 15 may complete the 4-H year but may NOT exhibit at the current year’s Posey County 4-H Fair. Enrollment is not considered complete until all membership fees have been paid. For hardship circumstances, please contact the 4-H Youth Educator at 812-838-1331.
3. Posey County 4-H Fair, July 6-13, 2013-click here for a schedule of 4-H Activities.
4. Project Update: Action Demonstrations are now called "Project Interact." This is an optional activity to share what you have learned through your 4-H project with others. Any project is eligible, and your job is to interest people passing by in your topic so that they will want to stop and listen to what you have to say. Unlike a regular club demonstration, you need to involve your audience in this activity. You may want them to talk with you, try to do what you’re doing, sample something you’re making, judge something, or play a game. A time & place is set during the 4-H Fair for all Project Interacts. They will be critiqued, not judged, & all automatically advance to State Fair; therefore, ribbons & placings will not be awarded. Project interacts should be 3-15 minutes in length, and topics must be approved by the 4-H Youth Educator. Click here for a Project Interact Checklist. Contact Cheven at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
5. Goat Selection & Showmanship materials-Courtesy Purdue Goat Club!
6 . Open Class Beef Show, Thursday, July 11, 6 p.m.
7. Fashion Review Update: Date has been changed to JULY 2. Click here for Narration Card
8. Junior Leader Completion Trip -July 17
9. Remember Drop/Add Deadline is June 1st. ALL changes must be made in writing! Fill out a Drop-Add form, or send an email to Cheven
Learning the 4-H Basics
Map of Posey County 4-H Clubs
New Member Handbook
State 4-H Program Fee
Awards & Recognition
4-H'er of the Month Nomination Form
4-H Trips Available for 2013
4-H Trip Application for 2013
Posey County Accomplishment Scholarship Application
Scholarship Links and Information 2012
Clover Connections Newsletters:
4-H Evaluation Survey (formerly General Record Sheet)
Achievement Points Record Sheet
Animal Lease Form
2013 Camp Application Form and Health Form- Both forms required
Camp Counselor Application
Club Secretary Scorecard
Dairy Lease Application
Drop-Add Form-Deadline June 1
Enrollment Form -2013-Legal Size!
Fashion Review Narration Card-Style Show, July 2, 2013
Food and Food Preservation Recipe Card- Use same card for county as well
as State Fair entries. MAKE SURE THE CARD IS 5" x 8" on stiff paper
Livestock Record Sheet
My Record of Achievement
Project Record Sheets
Project Score Cards
Share The Fun, April 19, 2013, 7 p.m. at North Posey High School - Entry Form; Rules
2013 4-H Handbook -Now Available! (Be aware this is a large pdf file)
This document contains all project requirements for the year.
Project Manuals and resources available online.
4-H Animal Care
Creating With A Mix
Farm Scene Project - New in 2012!
Goat Selection & Showmanship
Project Interact (formerly Action Demonstrations)
Swine-PQA Website- no longer available. Contact Cheven or Jon for PQA questions.
Project materials available for purchase in the Extension Office.
Indiana State Fair
Premise ID Website - Indiana State Board of Animal Health
School Enrichment Programs
State Fair Ticket Policy
Club Achievement Checklist-Due October 15
Indiana 4-H Volunteer Information
Helpful 4-H Club Leader Tips
Setting Project Goals
Interested in becoming an approved 4-H volunteer? Email Cheven May or call 812-838-1331
Donate to the Posey County 4-H program