Projects due Monday, July 15th
Notebook may be turned in to the Extension Office after the last workshop or prior to
Each grade will have a set time after 3 p.m. to be judged.
Refer to information letter received prior to fair.
Public Revue – Monday, July 16th at 7:00 p.m.
State Fair Exhibits:
Each county is permitted to send one exhibit in each category - a total of 3.
1. Comply with all the requirements listed at the beginning of this “4-H Exhibit Hall Project” section, the “Putnam County 4-H Fair Rules” section, and “Indiana and Putnam County 4-H Policy/Terms” section.
2. All members must create a Consumer Clothing notebook in a three ring binder – instructions are included in project book. This is 40% of the project placement. Include receipts and price tags from newly purchased items.
Notebook is to be turned in at the fairgrounds community building between 10 am and noon on the day of judging.
3. Bring the county’s official 3” x 4" project label to the judging session so it can be attached to the exhibit after judging.
See the “Putnam County 4-H Fair Rules” section of this handbook for example.
4. 4-H members must participate in the private judging later that afternoon and in the public fashion revue at 7:00 p.m. along with the other 4-H fashion show participants.
5. At the private judging on July 16th 4-H'er must model the outfit, tell the judges about their purchases, what he/she has learned and the activities completed that are listed in their book.
Beginners (Grades 3-5)
1. Complete one activity from each group in the manual. Write the results or answers in a notebook. Label each activity. This will help you talk with the judge easily.
2. Help purchase an item of clothing to wear with other clothes in the 4-H'er's wardrobe. Examples might be slacks, blouse, jeans, shirt, sweater, or sweatshirt. Choose an accessory to go with the purchase. Some purchases might include shoes, sweatband, belt, jewelry, or socks.
3. Model the purchases. Tell the judge about them, what was learned, and about activities that were completed. Take manual and notebook because they will help the 4-H'er talk with the judge.
Intermediate (Grades 6-8)
1. Complete one activity from each group in the manual. Write results or answers in a notebook. Label each activity. This will help the 4-H'er talk with the judge easily.
2. Choose and accessorize a casual or school outfit. The 4-H'er may purchase or select from items the 4-H'er already owns.
3. Model the outfit. Tell the judge about purchases, what was learned, and about activities that were completed. Take the 4-H'ers manual and notebook with you because they will help the 4-H'er talk with the judge.
Advanced (Grades 9 & up)
1. Complete one activity from each group in the manual. Write results or answers in a notebook. Label each activity. This will
help the 4-H'er talk with the judge easily.
2. Choose an outfit and accessorize it. Purchase or select from items you already own.
3. Model outfit. Tell the judge about your activities in this year’s project and how you plan to use this year’s purchases in your future wardrobe. Take manual and notebook with you because they will help to talk with the judge.
**Fasion Review is an activity and not a project and therefore doesn't involve a record sheet
Record Sheet (click here)
Poster Scorecard (click here)
Program Scorecard (click here)
Back to Project Menu List (click here)