Projects due Friday, July 5th at the Extension Office
Not a State Fair project
1. Comply with all the requirements listed at the beginning of this “4-H Exhibit Hall Project” section, the “Putnam County 4-H Fair Rules” section, and “Indiana and Putnam County 4-H Policy/Terms” section.
2. All entries are to be handwritten neatly in ink, typed, or computer generated.
3. Stories that are typed and computer generated entries should be double-spaced.
4. Illustrations are permitted to enhance the exhibit – but NOT required. They can be hand drawn or computer generated.
5. All entries must have been written since the previous year's county fair exhibit. Work that has been judged in any other writing contest is ineligible for 4-H competition. School work not entered in any contest is acceptable. All entries must be the exclusive work of the 4-H member. NO group projects or collaborations should be submitted for judging.
6. Each entry MUST have a title page with the following: Title, Author, Date, Project Division, and Project Category. Entries should be placed in a flat, pronged folder.
Due to limitations on display space, 3-ring binders are not to be used.
7. Attach the county’s official 3” x 4" project label in the lower right hand corner of the folder cover.
8. It is recommended to make a copy of the project for safekeeping since the exhibit will be handled and read by many people during the 4-H Fair.
9. The Putnam County 4-H Council reserves the right to not display any exhibit that may be deemed inappropriate for the fair-going audience.
Beginner (Grades 3-5)
Exhibit –A story, autobiography, biography, children’s story, essay, journal entry, short stories or any other prose piece consisting of 100 to 300 words and the Record Sheet.
Intermediate (Grades 6-8)
Exhibit –A story, autobiography, biography, children’s story, essay, journal entry, short stories or any other prose piece consisting of 300 to 1000 words and The Record Sheet.
Advanced (Grades 9-12)
Exhibit –A story, autobiography, biography, children’s story, essay, journal entry, short stories or any other prose piece consisting of no less than 1000 words and The Record Sheet.
Record Sheet (click here)
Score Sheet (click here)
Back to Project Menu List (click here)