Projects due Thursday, July 18th 4 to 7
State Fair Exhibits:
Each county may send one exhibit per grade level.
1. Comply with all the requirements listed at the beginning of this “4-H Exhibit Hall Project” section, the “Putnam County 4-H Fair Rules” section, and “Indiana and Putnam County 4-H Policy/Terms” section.
2. Canned products may be shown in glass pint or quart jars. Place label on rough side of glass jar to permit greater visibility for judging. All canned products must have the ring on the jar top to protect the seal.
3. Frozen products should be exhibited in packages that are easily opened.
4. Frozen food exhibits WILL NOT be returned to the exhibitor. Please display in freezer bags or disposable containers.
5. Label the exhibit container as to product, quantity, date food was frozen/canned/made, 4-H’er’s name and grade.
6. An index card (5 x 8 inches) is also required for all food preservation exhibits. It should include all the information requested in the exhibit description (name of recipe and complete recipe and processing instructions) and 4-H’er’s name. It is recommended that the 4-H’er wrap the card in plastic wrap or in a plastic bag.
7. Bring the county’s official 3” x 4" project label to the judging session so it can be attached to the exhibit after judging.
8. 4-H’er may also complete this project by giving a Project Interact during the county fair. Make arrange with the 4-H Extension educator.
Exhibit a package of 6 frozen cookies. Display in freezer bag or freezer container.
Exhibit a package of frozen berries. Display in freezer bag or freezer container.
Exhibit one uncooked frozen mini pizza using pita bread, English muffin, bagel or already prepared crust (no larger than 7" in diameter) with toppings of your choice. Meat toppings such as hamburger, sausage, bacon, etc. need to be cooked. Display on covered cardboard inside freezer bag.
Exhibit one package of any frozen vegetable or combination of vegetables. Display in freezer bag or freezer container. (Freezer containers will not be returned).
Exhibit one container of freezer jam.
Exhibit one jar of a canned tomato product using the Hot Pack Method for a boiling water bath canner, such as tomato juice, catsup, barbecue sauce, or salsa.
Exhibit one jar of canned pickle product or canned pickles. (Products using a fancy pack are not accepted.) Label with name of product, quantity, and date canned. Be sure to include on the 5”x8” card the processing method and instructions for storing.
Exhibit one jar of pressure canned vegetables, meat or combination product, such as soup, stew, spaghetti sauce with meat, etc. (Products using a fancy pack are not acceptable).
One package of a frozen entree such as a casserole, hearty soup or vegetable dish in freezer container.
Grade 12 & up
Exhibit a jar of cooked jelly or a reduced sugar fruit spread.
Back to Project Menu List (click here)