February Junior Leaders News!
The next Junior Leaders meeting will be Tuesday, February 19 at 7:00pm in the dining room at the fairgrounds. The meeting should last approximately 45 minutes-1 hour.
What’s Happening at the February Meeting:
We will discuss 4-H enrollment.
We will discuss 4-H Trips & Workshops.
We WILL make a decision on spending the treasury.
This will probably be the last Junior Leader newsletter that you will receive. Instead, you will receive the notices about the meetings in the monthly 4-H newsletter, the “Clover Connection”. We will also mention the date for the next meeting/event at the monthly meetings. So, when the 4-H newsletter comes at the beginning of each month, please mark your calendar with the upcoming Junior Leader meeting dates!
Jr. Leaders are asked to help with the 4-H Enrollment Night on February 28, from 4:00-6:30pm at the fairgrounds. This is one of the 4-H activities Jr. Leaders are supposed to work with, so all help is appreciated. Your job will be to simply help those that have questions about the different 4-H projects.
Also, if you have old 4-H projects that we can use to display during the enrollment night, please bring those or drop them off at the Extension Office.
Cold, wintery weather is upon us, which means sometimes plans will change because of weather conditions. Please take note of the following information to let you know what we do with Jr. Leader meetings and activities in the event of bad weather:
• If school was cancelled for the day, the meeting is automatically cancelled.
• If weather gets bad later in the day, an announcement will be made at your school and/or on the radio at 98.3 FM
You can always check with the Extension Office if you are unsure.
Valentine’s Day Fun Facts
• Only the U.S., Canada, Mexico, France, Australia, and the U.K. celebrate Valentine’s Day.
• Hallmark has over 1,330 different cards specifically for Valentine’s Day.
• More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine’s Day.
• About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. That’s the second most cards exchanged behind those shared at Christmas.
Hope to see you February 19!
4-H Program Assistant
If you are unable to attend any Jr. Leader meetings, projects, or activities, please contact the Extension Office!