Family Nutrition Program
- Mission: To increase the ability of individuals and families with limited resources to utilize their
- food dollars and stamps appropriately and to provide a safe meal environment. This mission is
- by providing free, informal, and easily accessible educational programs in the home and community.
- These programs focus on developing knowledge and skill related to nutrition and meal planning;
- food purchasing, preparation, and safety; and resource management.
Small Steps to Health-aims to improve partipants' lives by showing them how to:
- Have foods readily available for themselves and their family.
- Adopt Healthy food practices and implement MyPyramid principles.
- Reduce their risk factors for nutrition-related health problems and chronic disease that are affected by diet.
- Adopt best management practices related to home food safety.
- Adopt best management practices related to family food budgeting.
Making Your Food Dollars Work-these lessons teach important concepts related to:
- Tracking income and expenses
- Comparison-shopping and impulse buying
- Meal Planning
- Relationship between spending leaks and goal setting
If you or someone you know would benefit from free nutrition and money management lessons, please contact:
Purdue Extension Tippecanoe County
Donetta Martin-Fisher, FNP Assistant
3150 Sagamore Parkway South
Lafayette, IN 47905