Purdue University PURDUE EXTENSION
Vanderburgh County

We transform lives and livelihoods through research-based education
About Us
Left Menu
Local Links
Newsletters & Publications
County Location
Skip Navigation LinksVanderburgh County CES

Online 4-H Enrollment

Again in 2014 is the option to enroll in 4-H online. This allows you to provide the Extension Office with all of your relevant information, enter projects, and pay your State 4-H Program Fee and County Fee with a credit or debit card. 

View the instructions for enrolling online here.  If you have questions that are not answered in the instructions or in the FAQs below, please check the State FAQs. If you still have questions, contact the Extension Office or email kmaurer@purdue.edu.


Ready to join 4-H? Click here to begin!



Do I have to pay online? No, you do not have to pay online. If you wish to pay through the mail or at the Extension Office, you may do so. Checks should be made payable to Purdue CES Education Fund). The Extension Office only accepts checks or cash. 4-H Enrollments are not considered complete until the Extension Office has received the enrollment, including consent signatures, and payment.

I don't know what club I want to join, what do I do? If you are unsure of which club you want to join, choose "Unsure at this time" as your primary club. All 4-H'ers are encouraged to join a 4-H club; see a list of all Vanderburgh County clubs here.

I'm in two different 4-H clubs, which one do I list as primary? Your primary 4-H club is the club that you will receive your fair pass from and the club that will collect your 4-H Record of Achievement. You will have the option of listing secondary clubs once you begin choosing projects.

Do I have to know all of my projects now? No. You can add projects online up to July 6, 2014 and after that date by calling or emailing (kmaurer@purdue.edu) the Extension Office. You can drop projects at any time by calling or emailing (kmaurer@purdue.edu) the Extension Office. There is no penalty for enrolling in a project and not exhibiting. Dropping projects is not required.

I don't know how many years I've taken a specific project, what do I do? Choose your best guess as to how many years you've taken a specific project.

How do I know which division/grade level to choose? If a project is grouped by grades, the online enrollment system will automatically place you in the correct grade or grade level. In projects that are grouped by division, most 4-H'ers begin in Level 1 and move up one division each year. A division MUST be chosen. If you still have questions, check your 4-H Handbook or contact the Extension Office.

I don't want to sign the Consent/Permissions. These signatures are REQUIRED in order to participate in any 4-H activities. If these signatures are not received by the Extension Office, the 4-H enrollment will not be processed or complete. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, contact the Extension Office.

I want my child to join 4-H, but we can't afford the fee. Are scholarships available? There are a number of working scholarships available that involve volunteering for one four-hour shift at an event catered by the Adult Leaders Organization or volunteering at the Extension Office. Contact the Randy Brown (browngr@purdue.edu) for more information.