Come Learn With Us
We provide free information about foods and nutrition in your home or community center for individuals or groups with limited resources. Through a variety of hands-on food preparation and other interactive activities, we will help you:
· Stretch your food dollars to last the whole month.
· Plan fast and easy meals that your family will love.
· Find out about food stamp benefits and other
· Make sense of the latest nutrition information.
· Make healthy snacks for your children.
· Make vegetables fun and tasty.
· Make healthy choices when eating out.
It’s Free and Fun
At home or group sessions you will be able to:
· Earn a free cookbook and other handy kitchen
· View and participate in live cooking demonstrations.
· Sample prepared food.
· Participate in hands-on learning activities.
· Take home easy low-cost recipes.
· Learn basic food preparation skills.
The Family Nutrition Program operates through the Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service in partnership with the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) and the United States
Department of Agriculture (USDA). Purdue Extension, FSSA and USDA are equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action institutions.
For More Information
To find out where group classes are held or to schedule in-home sessions contact:
Layna Cottingham, FNP Assistant
Purdue University – Warren County
FNP Making a Difference 2013