The list below serves as the central access point to the broad range of food safety expertise at Purdue.
- Food and Nutrition Publications
- Health and Safety Publications
- Food Processing, Food Safety, Food Regulations Publications
- Purdue Extension: Food & Health
This Extension specialty aims to help consumers better understand and evaluate nutrition and food safety information.
- Purdue Extension Health and Human Sciences
This program provides informal educational programs to improve the quality of individual, family, and community life.
- Department of Nutrition Science
This department has special strengths in calcium, vitamin D, and bone; botanicals for age-related diseases; diet, energy balance, and fitness; and an emerging specialty area of cancer prevention.
- Workshops and Services for the Food Industry and Food Entrepreneurs listed at the Department of Food and Science Extension site.
- New Ventures for Food and Agriculture in Indiana
Business planning assistance for entrepreneurs and small business owners of food and agricultural businesses.
- Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN)
This site provides resources to help you solve disaster-related problems and information about who to contact in the event of a natural disaster.
- Purdue/University of Alabama Botanicals Research Center for Age-Related Diseases
This center studies the effectiveness and mechanism of action of plant compounds purported to reduce the risk of cancer, osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, cognitive function, and other age-related diseases.
- Center for Food Safety Engineering
The center focuses on building multidisciplinary teams and developing better approaches for detection and control of foodborne hazards that affect the U.S. food supply.
- Food Safety Backgrounder
A chronological list of Purdue news releases about food safety issues.
- College of Health and Human Sciences
The college is a national leader in promoting healthy families and communities.